OPTI.kompakt – the compact FRP solution
From enquiry to order, from order to the cast part itself – with OPTI.kompakt.
Medium-sized foundry companies have special requirements for their corporate software. OPTI.kompakt is an integrated software solution specially tailored to the needs of small and medium-sized foundries with 5 or more workstations.
More than 30 years of experience and process structures from 100 foundries have gone into our FRP system. FRP means Foundry Resource Planning. In contrast to the usual ERP systems on the market the focus here is on the complete cycle of a cast part including all the appropriate finishing steps. OPTI maps the complete path from the initial offer through to delivering the finished part – without any compromises. Every foundry is different and that is exactly why OPTI-Standard takes account of a wide variety of casting procedures and material types. Foundry know-how - Cast in Software.
OPTI.kompakt consolidates our developments in a pre-configured standard solution, most suitable for small& mid-scale foundries, as it offers process security and knowledge at a suitable price and with a short implementation time. OPTI.kompakt leaves room for continuous improvement processes and remains seamlessly scalable even after it has been introduced. As your company grows and changes, OPTI.kompakt adapts it easily.
Here is an overview of some of the highlights of OPTI.kompakt:
- Multi-language ability
- Displays all manual and machine casting processes
- Integrated operations schedule and parts list as a continuous resources plan
- Simple, fast and exact cost calculation including the last cent spend on all manufacturing steps
- Takes just minutes to enter a new part by duplicating and adapting resources plans
- Integrated materials database
- Provides enquiries with schedules while taking the complete schedule chain into account
- Seamless links between foundry-specific modules ensure synchronised processes
- Flexible, scalable feedback chains in the production
- Integrated web-based GIS (Foundry Information System) – continuous information system about all data relevant for the product and production
- Automatic control of all manufacturing steps, taking capacities and bottlenecks into account
- Visual planning using the utilization and capacity cockpit
- Administration of all tools and patterns for moulds and cores
- Detailed planning for each day or shift using add-ons
- Workflow and release-controlled interdepartmental work
- Continuous help, complete documentation
- Open database, all data belong to the customer
- Comprehensive standard reports and real time evaluations
Here is an overview of some of the details about OPTI.kompakt:
Planning & Calculation
Integrated resources plan: in contrast to other systems, OPTI does not differentiate between work schedule and parts list, but is aligned to the way the foundry really works. All of the resources needed for the manufacture of a particular cast part are displayed within a tree structure in a multi-step resources plan. It doesn’t matter whether it concerns self-produced components (cores, patterns, melt), purchased items (filters, feeders, sand) or work processes (pattern, clean, finish, internally or externally). The logic of the resources plan is integrated throughout all levels of OPTI-kompakt.
- Simple to create new parts and variants
- Fast, reliable calculation of all or specific levels, with a single click, including purchased parts, external services various surcharges etc.
- Calculation of production costs and pricing, wage calculation according to the remuneration model and performance incentives
- Searches similar articles cost, process, cycle time from archive
- Calculations archive
- Administration of all technical parameters in the parts master
- Integrated, comprehensive materials database, including the test plans
- Master data for process, product descriptions and all resources for the manufacture of the products
- Resource plan contains the time and quantity specifications for processes, workstations, equipment, assembly groups, pre-products and materials in the form of a task list with an integrated parts list.
- Integration of the tool management to assignmoulding, plates, core boxes, casting dies, mechanisms, etc. according to the resource plan
- Capacity and workforce requirements planning
- Quantities of purchasing materials required
- Cost center accounting, controlling and cost object controlling
- Identifying the company’s KPIs and investment planning
- Comprehensive material database linked with the material test plans
- administration of the moulding box store, selection of suitable boxes
- All specifications and cost elements are archived, so development costs can be traced throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Pre-configuration of part groups through all production stages of the cast part, including typical foundry formulae, classification characteristics for the different moulding and casting procedures,
- Administration of diagrams, documents, images, 3D data and simulation data
- User-defined formulation of surcharges and conversion to customer-dependent metal prices.
- Every change is documented, can be traced via the history function
In the purchasing module you can organise your company’s procurement activities clearly and efficiently. All the information which is needed by the purchaser about suppliers and purchased articles is saved in the master data and linked with storage/consumption and price units as well as a variety of parameters for controlling procurement and technical specifications.
- Administration of all the different types of order details such as framework orders, individual orders, manual and automated order tracking
- Detailed price sheet function with price conditions such as amounts, discount tables, delivery conditions and metal pricelists
- Material requirements, purchased parts and external services are recorded according to orders or generated automatically as accumulated weekly amounts or they can be recorded manually
- Takes into account minimum available stock requirements, order lot sizes, replacement times and the orders which have already been triggered
- Overview provided at an early stage in order to optimise order quantities from the point of view of costs and liquidity
- Integrated auto reminder can be sent via SMS, Email Fax to suppliers.
- Integration of purchaser, supplier and store department
- Master data saves usage and price units, as well as various parameters for controlling the purchasing and technical specifications
- Price list function, price conditions and delivery terms - easy to maintain
- Automatic material requirements for BOM for generated scheduled orders or can be entered manually, considering available stocks and minimum stock level requirements, batch order sizes, restocking times and the orders which have already been initiated
- The purchasing department is provided with an overview of the requirements at an early stage within the prescribed preview period so they can optimize order quantities from a cost and liquidity point of view.
- Evaluate the suppliers, based on delivery schedules, quality parameters as per company-specific rules defined.
- Send out delivery reminders and final demands according to various running levels, to preselect the form of communication (email, fax, print) and to save an original document with the order items
- Send enquiries to one or more suppliers to get the best price and quality goods
- Incoming goods are entered in relation to the relevant orders
- Incoming goods have to be checked to ensure they fulfil certain quality criteria (visual inspection, condition of delivery and packaging correct etc.).
- Provides the data for stock and proportionate production costs
- Trace on real time basis flow and status of every item/material purchased
- Incoming supplier invoices are either entered directly upon receipt of the goods or checked against the respective incoming goods.
- Integration with finance or accounting software e.g. Tally or similar
- Receipt and issue postings derived from feedback messages sent from production as well as inventory and stock evaluations.
- Stock item management is a function which helps to manage articles in the warehouse using identity and batch numbers.
- Trace materials used in the current production and distribution chain
The sales section guarantees reliable and clear creation of offers, order processing, dispatch organisation and invoicing.
- Support for all types of order, such as sample and first sample, individual, series and make and take orders for products as well as for patterns and tools
- Saves all customer agreements, a wide variety of MTZ and ETZ models, all metal pricelists with all columns and the relevant values (LME, VAW etc)
- Problem-free adaptation with inflation increases and automatic information to the customer about price changes
- Displays a wide range of logistics principles such as preview, fixed orders, consignment stock or commercial goods
- Seamless interaction between the production and control planning: fast feedback regarding customer’s preferred dates
- Prepare offers, processing orders, plan shipping and invoicing
- Supports both trial and first sample, individual run schedule header and make and- hold orders
- Quick - up-to-date overview of all processes between the company - customer
- Addresses and contact details, terms of delivery and payment are stored in the customer master, with automatic currency adjustment depending on the country
- Can be integrated with financing system, monitor customer credit limit
- Price calculation includes
o Manufacturing costs,
o Contribution margins
o Target sales prices under consideration of raw material
o Spare part surcharge policies and external services etc.
- price list functionality includes
o Current material cost, e.g. daily rates aluminum and other metals.
o Current excise price
o Current metal and energy price agreements can be recorded individually for each customer and material
- All prices are stored along with a validity date, and any changes are archived.
- The preparation of offers of all of the departments Sales, Product Development and Calculation, Tool Management/Construction and, if applicable, Purchasing.
- The progress of different tasks is monitored with respect to their completion dates, so that offer deadlines can be met.
- Any changes in the course of negotiations with the customer are recorded and follow-up dates are noted by the system for automatic reminders.
- Customer call-off orders communicated by EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) to make-and-hold orders are processed directly and are available without delay for production scheduling.
- Details of order confirmations, delivery notes, invoices and credit memos are also communicated to the customer by EDI.
- Any quantities or deadlines changes by customer, communicate directly to the Production Scheduling and Control. As these changes to quantities and deadlines are being recorded, the system checks their plausibility, e.g.
o Have procurement transactions already been initiated?
o Has production begun yet?
o What are the current stock levels?
- When a shipping order is created, stock accounts are booked for the loading equipment and container for each shipment and customer
- Freight calculation is based on rate tables, with the distance to a delivery location and the quantities to be transported also influencing the freight costs
- Record of the commission rates for each sales representative is kept
- Status of each Production order, its progress,stock levels, storage, dispatch etc.
- An extremely useful management tool for quick overview of sales volume and revenue according to customer and merchandise category, which is also linked to a profitability analysis for the item
- Report generation and online information system
Production and control planning
The PPS-System is the right instrument for the operational and strategic planning of your production. With the PPS-System, the scheduling and capacity situation can be controlled and monitored quickly and reliably for the short and long term and for all scheduling levels and bottlenecks. The PPS-System shows its particular strengths in planning and synchronising mould, melt and casting processes. The different types of continuous and discontinuous processes can be synchronised for the different types of foundry and availabilities and capacities can be checked:
- Tool for the operative and strategic planning of your production
- Both long and short term scheduling and capacity situations can be controlled and monitored quickly and reliably
- Check Tool availability, preparation and provisioning, and the availability of moulding boxes and pits for mass castings
- Coordinating moulding shop and core production, if necessary taking into account pattern plate and core box allocations and combination, provision of liquid melt for several moulding shop areas and material qualities, if necessary formation of casting batches
- Cycle time and planning including any cooling times needed
- Process and capacity-utilization for finishing cast parts, if necessary with external services
- Simple to set up sensible feedback chains for seamless traceability
- Provides vital information to foundry workers via integrated foundry information system with checklist functions, particularly for critical work-steps
- Continuity and capacity of cast finishing treatment, possibly with external service providers
- Forming heat treatment batches
- Detailed planning in each production area - planning machine assignment to control the production in the subsequent time-period, optimal sequences planning
- Ideal requirement for both typical series producers and jobbing producers
- “Gantt diagrams” for clear scheduling and planning.
The PPS-System covers the needs of all types of foundries, for typical series producers as well as for discrete producers. It is possible to access the latest valid production plans online or to transfer them to the production management systems, e.g.in moulding plants, so as to control operations in the control centre.
Materials management :
The materials management section provides the solution for efficient stock management for all products and primary products, purchased or stored materials including load carriers, containers, pallets etc. with different inventory accounts.
- An efficient warehouse management solution for all your products and pre-products, purchasing and stock materials including load carriers, containers, pallets etc.
- Plants, locations, quarantine store, external service providers, consignment store, intermediate store, dispatch store
- Incoming and outgoing bookings, inventory and stock evaluations derived from production information messages
- Evaluates semi-finished and finished stock
- Item management, articles can be managed via ID and batch numbers as inventory
- Permanent inventory via AFO balance
- Various evaluation procedures for inventory
Pattern management / tool management
- Pattern management comprising all the tools needed in the production and their variants (die casting tools, pattern boards, core tools, moulds, CNC tools, inspection equipment etc.)
- Displays complex pattern structures and all technical parameters in the resources plan (with pattern parts list and tool card)
- Monitors tool-life, number of castings and maintenance intervals
- All tool processes recorded, (fitting times, repairs, provisioning, cleaning, dispatch etc.)
- Monitors tool availability (casting limit exceeded during production, tool is being serviced etc.)
- Creates seamless lifecycle reports
- Records and stores documents (drawings, photos, Office files)
- Tool amortization
Comprehensive information system and evaluations
- Comprehensive, web-based information system, accessible from all masks
- Authorizations concept
- Integrated foundry information system covering all levels
- Proactive management information, automatically fresh on your desk every morning
- KPI – performance figures for all sensitive areas